Veterans Department Draft
The Cameron County Veterans Service Office is a venue that provides veterans, their dependents and survivors with assistance, guidance and information about entitlements that might be available to them. We welcome you to contact our office to make an appointment. Our sole purpose is “To Serve Those Who Have Served.”
In order to expedite delivery of eligible services, Veterans requesting VA benefits for the first time must submit a copy of their service discharge form (DD214, DD-215, or for World War II Veterans, a WD Form), which documents service dates and type of discharge, or provides full name, military service number, dates of service and branch.
- Filing Aid and Attendance Benefits Claims with VA
- Filing Dependency & Indemnity Compensation Claims with VA
- Filing Disability Compensation Claims with VA
- Filing Household Benefits Claims with VA
- Filing Non-Service connected Pension Claims with VA
- Filing Widow’s or Survivor’s Pension Claims with VA
- Obtaining Discharge documents, military medical records, military personnel records and medals/decorations
- Provide assistance with filing a Burial Benefits claim with the VA
- Provide assistance with filing a Debt Waiver or Debt Disagreement Request with the VA
- Provide assistance with filing a Disagreement or an Appeal with the VA
- Provide assistance with Military Discharge Upgrade Requests
- Provide general information on Property Tax Exemption Benefits for Disabled Veterans & Eligible Survivors
- Provide general information on Texas State Benefits for Disabled Veterans and Eligible Survivors
Veterans Service Office
1124 E. Madison St.
Brownsville, TX 78520
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 12:00 pm
1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- How can I sign up for VA health care?
- What type of services will I be eligible
for under the new contracts with local
- How can I get my military records?