ANTONIO ‘’TONY” YZAGUIRRE, JR.
THE CAMERON COUNTY TAX OFFICE HAS ENTERED INTO AGREEMENTS TO COLLECT PROPERTY TAXES FOR ALL TAXING DISTRICTS IN CAMERON COUNTY.
WELCOME TO THE CAMERON COUNTY TAX OFFICE
The Tax Assessor-Collector is the constitutional office directed to assess and collect all ad valorem tax accounts as identified and valued by the Cameron Appraisal District. The Cameron County Tax Office also collects property taxes for all other taxing jurisdictions (school districts, cities and special districts) within Cameron County.
For the State of Texas, the office also collects fees for titles and registration of motor vehicles within the County. Our offices are dedicated ensuring your tax dollars are accurately and efficiently collected with the utmost integrity and honesty. Our goal is to exceed your expectations by ensuring the highest level of service possible using technology, tools and services to assist our taxpayers in transacting business with our office.
2023 property taxes are now delinquent, taxpayers who are not able to pay the full amount due are encouraged to enter into a payment agreement.
NEW MOTOR BANK LOCATIONS
San Benito Motor Bank is located at 199 S. Sam Houston, San Benito, TX (5 lane drive up)
Harlingen Motor Bank is located at 300 E. Van Buren, Harlingen, TX (6 lane drive up)
PROPERTY TAX PAYMENTS CAN BE MADE AT LONE STAR NATIONAL BANK LOCATIONS
Current Year Property Taxes can now be paid at Lone Star National Bank Locations in Cameron County. You must present your 2023 consolidated tax bill in order to make a payment at the Lone Star National Bank locations listed below.
- Paseo Banking Center, 101 America Drive, Brownsville, Tx 78520
- Brownsville Banking Center, 3300 N. Expressway 83, Brownsville, Tx 78520
- Boca Chica Banking Center, 2100 Boca Chica Blvd, Brownsville, TX 78520
- Harlingen Motor Bank, 1901 N. Ed Carey Drive Suite 100, Harlingen, TX 78550
- Port Isabel Motor Bank, 202 E. Queen Isabella Boulevard, Port Isabel, Tx 78578
- South Padre Island Banking Center, 601 Padre Boulevard, South Padre Island, TX 78597
- Brownsville Port Banking Center,3100 N. Indiana Ave., Brownsville, TX 78521
A service fee of $1.00 will be charged to pay a property tax bill using an Internet check in the amount of $5,000 or less, online check payments over $5,000.01 will be charged $3.00, *Credit and debit cards will incur a 3% convenience fee online and in person. We hope that you will find this website a useful tool. Please feel free to call us or visit any one of our 10 locations including our two new motor bank locations for personal service.