974 East Harrison Street 2nd Floor
Brownsville, Texas 78520
The County Clerk is responsible for filing, recording, and maintaining Probate Records. Probate and guardianship cases deal with protecting the wishes, rights, and obligations of persons’ property when the persons are unable to do so as a result of death or an incapacitating illness, either physical or mental.
- Civil-Probate Fee Schedule – 2022 (Pursuant to Senate Bill 41 passed during the 87th Legislative Session (2021), effective January 1, 2022) (PDF)
- Civil-Probate Request Form 2020
- Guardianship Registration Form | Guardianship Registration Form (Español)
- Bill of Rights for Persons under Guardianship | Bill of Rights for Persons under Guardianship (Español)
TYPES OF CASES HANDLED IN THE PROBATE DEPARTMENT INCLUDE:
- Probate of Will & Issuance of Letters Testamentary
- Probate of Will as a Muniment of Title
- Letters of Administration
- Determination of Heirship
- Small Estate Affidavit – Filed when the decedent left no will, and the estate is valued at less than $75,000.00 and no real estate is involved. Information and forms available by clicking the links below:
- Administrative Order Requiring the Use of the Court’s Approved Form for Small Estate Affidavits
- Cameron County Small Estate Affidavit Checklist
- Small Estate Affidavit Form
- Guardianship of the Person and/or Estate – Filed when a minor or a person is unable to care for themselves, because of a disability, either physical or mental, and requires assistance with their everyday needs. An application and appointment of a guardian must be approved by a court order. Forms relating to Guardianship are available by clicking on the links below:
- Annual Report on the Condition and Well-Being of a Ward
- Annual Account for Guardianship
For further Information, please contact: https://www.dshs.texas.gov
For additional probate forms, go to Cameron County Court at Law No.
To Search Existing Probate Cases visit our PUBLIC PORTAL.