Mission StatementThe mission of the Immunization Program is to improve the quality and longevity of life for people in Cameron County by achieving and maintaining a vaccine preventable disease-free environment. The mission will be achieved through the utilization of cost-effective immunization programs and efficient epidemiology applied in quality partnerships with public and private participants (local, state, national) who share the common vision of community well-being.
Texas Minimum State Vaccine Requirements
Child and Adolescent Immunization Schedule
- 2021 – 2022 Texas Minimum State Vaccine Requirementsfor Students Grades K – 12
- 2021 – 2022 Texas Minimum State Vaccine Requirements for Child-Care and Pre-K Facilities
- 2021 – Recommended Child and Adolescent Immunization Schedule for ages 18 years or younger
- 2018, Binational Immunization Resource Tool for Children from Birth Through 18 Years
Adult Immunization Schedule
Vaccine Requirements for Students Entering College
- Requirements for Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination for students entering Higher Education Schools.
- Requirements for students entering Veterinary courses online.
- Students that can be exempted for getting vaccinated. Complete List.
- Exemption Form
Cameron County Health Clinics offer all the Vaccines Recommended by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) thru the Texas Vaccines For Children (TVFC) and Adult Safety Net (ASN)Programs.
To learn more about the ACIP recommendations please follow this link:http://www.dshs.texas.gov/immunize/vacadvise/default.shtm
Adolescents and children who are 18 years of age or younger may be eligible to participate in the Texas Vaccines for Children Program. The Texas Vaccine for Children Program is a federally funded program that provides vaccines to eligible children at no cost who might otherwise not be vaccinated because of inability to pay. Adult Safety Net offers vaccines for uninsured Adults in the State of Texas; or to Adults 19 years that had started a vaccine series while TVFC eligible and that have not reached their 20th Birthday
For more information please call the Texas Immunization Information Line at 1-800-252-9152.
Every child needs these vaccines at these ages to be fully protected against some serious diseases.